White Buffalo Beads and Stones

Beautiful Crystals, Personalized Healing Gemstone Bead Bracelet, Assembled Healing Gemstone Bracelets, Gemstone Necklaces, Polished Tumbled Stones and Handmade Jewelry. www.whitebuffalobeadsandstones.com

Monday, August 24, 2009

Alternative Medicine for the Flu (Swine) / Colds / Respiratory Illnesses

Here are some of what I think may help you this coming fall / winter with the garden variety of (swine) flu / colds / respiratory illnesses. The important thing to remember is that all of these remedies should be taken at the first sign that you or your loved ones are not feeling good, usually a sore throat is a good indication that something else is coming down the line. Start buying now, to have these items on hand, because as we all know you don’t usually feel sick until after doctor / store has closed or on the weekend. Most of this you can find at your local health food store, but I will supply my sources for on-line purchase and some related articles.

Y2K Health This site has valuable information, and you can purchase the items I describe below on: Thymuline / Inflenzinum, Oil of Oregano, and Vitamin D. It is a great overall website on natural remedies I would suggest you read through it all.

Here is what and why I like in order of importance: I’m getting a little make-up bag for all my family members to carry these items with them wherever they go.

Thymuline / Influenzinum This formulation is a preventative to help you NOT get the flu. It is a homeopathy (natural remedy) in place of the flu shot. My daughter used to get the “throw-up” flu every year, but for the last 3 years I have been giving this to her, she has not gotten sick. It’s best if you order it now, but they don’t ship it until October 15. If you want to read more about the side effects of getting a flu vaccine, especially the H1N1 (swine vaccine) you can read more about it at the website above or go to. Natural Health News and this article

Oscillococcinum You can buy this at CVS and your local health food store and it’s cheap. This you can carry in your purse and take at 1st signs of flu which are noted on the box. I really like this and it works great. Follow directions. It is the same maker as the Thymuline / Infuenzinum above.

Airborne You can buy this at CVS, Kmart and some other stores and it’s cheap. This you can carry in your purse and drop in a little bit of water, it works great. You have to use it at 1st signs of getting sick. At the onset, take 1 tablet every couple of hours, then 3 times a day for a couple more days or follow directions on the bottle. It usually knocks out colds and flu it you take it sooner than later.

Lugol’s Solution of Iodine 5% / Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar (organic) / Honey: This you have to do at home as opposed to Airborne and Oscillococcinum which you can carry with you wherever you go. At the onset of symptoms put 6 drops of iodine in a half glass of water, add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey. This zaps out bacteria and balances your pH at the same time. Did you know that a balanced body pH helps fight off most illnesses, and that you can take the 1 teaspoon of apple cider with honey at each meal to help keep you healthy? You can OD on the iodine and when you tell people that your taking it, they think you’re poisoning yourself, it’s not the benadine iodine used for surgery, it’s potassium iodine that you can ingest (I’m still standing). BUT you can overdose so take the 6 drops 3 times a day for the 1st day, if that knocks it out day one, drop it down to 1 drop 3 times a day for a couple more days. You can tell if you are taking too much iodine when your nose starts running. For more information about iodine and its uses, check out the website link above.

Oil of Oregano (wildcrafted): It is antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic. I would suggest also buying empty gel caps to put the drops in, this stuff is harsh going down otherwise. You can read more about it at scroll down. I just used it at the onset of my chronic bronchitis (started with coughing in middle of night) I took 2 drops twice a day and my coughing stopped and the bronchitis did not set in.

Vitamin D You can click this link to read more information about it.

Thieves Essential Oil I just started using Thieves Household Cleaner and I just love it, I plan on using the Thieves Essential Oil in a diffuser in my home. To read more about it, click on the “Thieves Booklet” or “Thieves Autoship Pack” and to order go to "New to Young Living? Create your own account" or email and I can order it for you through my account.

Feel free to forward this is all your family and friends or email me with any questions.

Be Well!

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and am only recommending products. Please see your doctor if you have any questions or concerns with your health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home