White Buffalo Beads and Stones

Beautiful Crystals, Personalized Healing Gemstone Bead Bracelet, Assembled Healing Gemstone Bracelets, Gemstone Necklaces, Polished Tumbled Stones and Handmade Jewelry. www.whitebuffalobeadsandstones.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

State of Mind - 12 Symptoms of Inner Peace

My husband recently asked me if there is anything that I still wanted to do, but have not done yet. I thought about it for a minute and realized, no, there is not anyplace I have a burning desire to go or anything that I totally desire to do, that I have not done yet. Is that a bad thing? But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that he has all these activities that he has done all his life. Skiing, bowling, riding motorcycles, boating, water skiing, baseball, basketball, ice skating, rollerblading, golfing, and lately motocross. He wishes he had started motocross racing when he was 18 years old instead of now when he is 50 years old. He very much lives in the moment, and does whatever strikes him at that time. I have to give him props, because he is out there doing it (that is because mentally he still thinks he is 18 years old! ha).

I have endeavored with him on some of these activities. He is so free to just pick up on whatever fancies him at that moment and goes for it. For you see, he is my fun and I am his rock. We have lived an interesting and full life. Maybe, I do not have the need to go anywhere or do anything, because he has always inspired that for me. So I guess that leaves me to go off and pursue more ethereal things.

Still thinking about the subject more in-depth, it is not a specific thing I want to do, it is more about my state of mind, my state of “being”. I am striving for sustaining peacefulness, and “being” present in the moment, to be fully open to feel euphoric happiness and deep sadness. To feel complete contentment.

To quote someone who once said “everywhere I go, there I am”. In other words, if I am unhappy inside myself now, no matter where I go and what I do to try and physically change that, I will still be an emotionally unhappy person. Money cannot buy the two most important things in life: love and a sense of humor. Some of you may be familiar with the following list, so look at this as a reminder, and others who have never heard of it, this may help you look for these things to help you achieve a peaceful “state of mind”.

SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE™
© 1984 by Saskia Davis

  • A tendency to think and act spontaneously, rather than from fears based on past experiences
  • An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
  • A loss of interest in judging others
  • A loss in interest of interpreting the action of others
  • A loss of ability to worry
  • Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
  • Contended feelings of connectedness with others and with nature
  • Frequent attacks of smiling through fear
  • Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others, as well as the uncontrollable urge to extended it
  • An increasing tendency to let things happen, rather than to manipulate them.

Be Well

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Saskia Davis said...

I am pleased to have found a portion of SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE on your blog.

I am writing to introduce myself as its author, and to share it with you in full. (also copyright, trademark, and, at the bottom, contact information for readers seeking reprint permission.

Here it is, complete:

SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
© 1984 Saskia Davis

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences

An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment

A loss of interest in judging other people

A loss of interest in judging self

A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others

A loss of interest in conflict

A loss of ability to worry

Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation

Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature

Frequent attacks of smiling

An increasing tendency to let things happen
rather than to make them happen.

An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others
as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it

WARNING: Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many already have been exposed;
and it is possible that people, everywhere, could come down with it in epidemic proportions.
This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
If you have some or all of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of inner peace may be too far advanced
to be curable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms, remain exposed only
at your own risk.

SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE tm
Contact:
Saskia Davis:
Email:symptomsofinnerpeace@gmail.com
10640 Exeter Ave. N.E. Seattle, Wa. 98125
or phone: 206-364-7762

Many blessings for you and all of your readers.
Saskia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home